A rare datacenter outage has inspired me to build a backend that would persist globally.
Andromeda - The web gateway
- Exposing services (data fetching, user signup, etc) via HTTPS API
- Monitored and checked by AWS Route 53
- Connects to any healthy Messier nodes
Whirlpool - The storage handler & service router
- Multi-master Percona XtraDB cluster to persist and replicate data
- Data is then exposed via service handler, routed via gnatsd
- Able to survive an outage of the entire region and maintain availability
Messier - The service handler
- Responds to web gateway request, and manipulate data
- Responds to events (notification, updates, etc), and manipulate data
- Scalable and pluggable
Monitored by Vigil.